Children Neuropsychological Clinic Los Angeles
There are approximately 30 children’s neuropsychologists in the greater Los Angeles area. Maybe you are wondering what a neuropsychologist is and if he/she can help your child.
What is a Neuropsychologist?
Clinical neuropsychology focuses on understanding the connection between the brain and behavior. Depending on the health of the brain, a person (child or adult) may have issues with trying to pay attention, remember things, and/or solve problems.
Why a Children’s Neuropsychologist?
Pediatric neuropsychologists are psychologists trained in clinical psychology and neuropsychology. Since the brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, a child’s brain is still developing. This requires special knowledge.
Some brain disorders may involve injury, medical disease, or developmental issues. Pediatric neuropsychologists work with the child’s parents, teachers, and physicians to ensure consistency in treatment throughout all phases of a child’s life.
A Children’s Neuropsychologist Can Help If Your Child Has:
- A neurological disorder such as a brain tumor, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, hydrocephalus, epilepsy (seizures), and other conditions.
- A developmental challenge: learning disability, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, or autism spectrum disorder/pervasive developmental disorder.
- A brain injury from head trauma including: infection, stroke, or lack of oxygen (hypoxia)
- Other medical issues including: premature birth, chronic heart or breathing problems, diabetes, some genetic disorders, or treatment for childhood cancer.
- Had an evaluation by the school or a psychologist, but the treatment has not helped.
If you live in or near Los Angeles and believe your child would benefit from a neuropsychological evaluation contact One Neuro. We are new in town and boast a multi-faceted center with a team of neuropsychologists, psychologists, and physicians working together to evaluate, diagnose, and determine the best treatment for each of our clients regardless of age.
One Neuro works with children and adults to help them improve their lives through better understanding of their condition. Our team will work with your child, family, school, and pediatrician to ensure the best evaluation, treatment, better brain function, and a better life for your child.